“To Provide Resources and Services to Assist, Challenge,
Empower and Represent Local Congregations in Ministry.”
Looking for a form? Here are a few for upcoming events…
— News & Views —
Opportunity Scholarship for College Students
Two Opportunity Scholarships ($1,000 each) are awarded each Spring by ABCCR to encourage learning. The deadline for application is MARCH 15. Each applicant must be a member of an ABCCR church, must supply both an official application and one Reference completed by a pastor or church leader who is not a relative. Both the application and reference forms are available on the ABCCR website under Resources / Scholarships and are due no later than MARCH 15.
Completed applications are reviewed by the Executive Officers with their recommendations presented to the ABCCR Board of Directors at the May Board meeting. Presentation of awards are presented during a recipient’s church service. To find out more about this scholarship’s opportunity, please check out the ABCCR website for the official application and reference forms.
Special Ministry Grants
Each year the Administration/Finance Vision Team awards Special Ministry Grants in May. The grants are designed to provide financial support to enable effective community outreach ministry programs of our churches and ABCCR institutions.
The application period is February 15 – April 15. No applications are accepted after April 15. There are multiple grants awarded each year based upon the number of applications, need submitted by the ministry, and monies available for awards.
If your church has a community outreach program, review the guidelines and submit the grant application form, both which can be found on our ABCCR website under Resources / Grants. Go to abccr.org.
Some grants awarded in the past include: food pantry, clothing pantry, children’s ministries, intergenerational outreach, community gardens, days of community service, and many, many more. Think outside the box. Look at what your church does in your community and let us know if you have a financial need. The last few years approximately 10 grants have been awarded each year.
Applications are to be sent to ABCCR,
Attn: Finance Office, 5833 SW 29th St,
Ste A, Topeka KS 66614.
Check Out Our New Youth Newsletter!
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
ABCCR in the News
- Reverend Jennifer Schneider to be new Associate Executive Minister - The American Baptist Churches of the Central Region is excited to announce that the Reverend Jennifer Schneider has accepted the call to be our Associate Executive Minister. She offers a strong administrative background, experience in pastoral care, youth ministry, and currently serves as the President of our Minister’s Council. Reverend Schneider is a native of […]
- AB Men Website - American Baptist Men USA website is now up and running! http://www.abmen.org/ABMen
- Letting Go of Cross Wind - May 6, 2019 Dear Central Region Family, A few weeks ago, I read some words from St. Augustine who said, “God wants to give us something but cannot, because our hands are full – there’s nowhere for God to put it.” At the time, I began to think about a number of different situations where […]
- ABHMS Network Gathering Event -
- Staffing Needs -
- 2018 Legacy Award - This year’s Legacy Award was presented to Rev. Bill and Carole Cowell of Victory Village, “For showing God’s unconditional, healing love to teenage girls for 50 years!”
2020 Pastor Conference