ABCCR Opportunity Scholarship
Deadline: March 15
The Opportunity Scholarship is awarded by the American Baptist Churches of the Central Region to encourage lifelong learning. The scholarship was first established by the ABC/CR Board of Directors in 2005.
Two $1,000 scholarships are awarded each spring. These are general scholarships to encourage higher education (beyond high school). Each is a one-year award, and students who wish to be considered for an additional year must reapply.
- A single page application must be submitted by the student by March 15.
- A reference form must also be filled out and returned by a pastor or church leader who is not a relative.
- All forms must be sent to the ABC/CR Scholarship Task Force in care of the Region Office.
- Decisions on the scholarship are made at the time of the May Region Board of Directors meeting.
- Scholarships will be awarded to recipients during a worship service in their home church.
- Applicant must be a member of an American Baptist church in Central Region.
- There's no requirement of a particular school to be attended or a particular major to be sought.
- Official application forms must be used. No additional attachments will be read or considered.
Submit forms to:
Scholarship Task Force
American Baptist Churches of the Central Region
5833 S.W. 29th St., Suite A
Topeka, KS 66614-5505
Download Application Forms
If you have questions, please contact the ABC/CR Scholarship Task Force at the above address, 785-272-7622 or firstname.lastname@example.org