Position Title: Associate Executive Minister
The American Baptist Churches of the Central Region is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Executive Minister. The successful candidate should possess the gifts, skills, and experiences necessary to serve effectively and creatively alongside our staff and churches in the Central Region.
Requirements: Seminary training preferred with 3 years of vocational ministry experience. Relocation to the Central Region.
- The ability to articulate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Models an ethical and moral lifestyle consistent with the values of American Baptists.
- Possesses strong communication skills, a confident self-awareness amid challenge, and an ability to interact with the diversity within the Central Region.
- Holds a recognized ABC ordination or the qualifications necessary to obtain such an ordination.
- Can articulate and commit to the ABC Code of Ethics and Covenant for professional church leaders.
- Possesses skill in using various technology platforms.
- Prompt and effective using various communication platforms such as email, texting, telephone, and social media.
- Prepared to travel in the Central Region.
- Self-motivated and can operate independently.
Core Components of Associate Executive Minister
- Be an encouragement, resource, and participant in our next generation youth ministry supporting and training those involved in these ministries.
- Coordinates and oversees our next generation Central Region ministries.
- Coordinate and oversee our Annual Gathering event.
- Resource Central Region churches and staff members through personal connection, communication, and education.
- Be a regular presence in ABCCR congregations.
- Actively involved in search and call processes of Central Region churches.
- Share various duties and responsibilities of Region staff.
- This is a full-time position with paid benefits. Cash compensation (including housing allowance) will be determined based on experience and qualifications and will be consistent with the Executive Staff Policies of the Central Region.
- Submit a brief statement of faith including a sense of call to this position
- A current ABPS profile or résumé
- Signed ABCUSA Code of Ethics and Covenant
- All application materials are due May 31, 2019.
For further information contact:
Gregg L.J. Hemmen
American Baptist Churches of the Central Region
5833 SW 29th Street
Topeka, KS 66614