ABCCR Opportunity Scholarship
Submit to: American Baptist Churches of the Central Region Scholarship Task Force
5833 S.W. 29th St., Suite A, Topeka, Kansas 66614-5500
Deadline: March 15
This “Opportunity Scholarship” is awarded by the American Baptist Churches of the Central Region to
encourage lifelong learning. It was established by the ABCCR Board of Directors in 2005. Two $1000
scholarships are awarded each spring. This is a general scholarship to encourage higher education (beyond high
school). It is a one-year award and students who wish to be considered for an additional year must reapply.
• A single page application form must be submitted by the student by March 15.
• The applicant will also receive a reference form which must be filled out and returned by a pastor
or church leader who is not a relative.
• All forms should be sent to the ABCCR Scholarship Task Force in care of the region office.
• Decisions on the scholarship are made at the time of the May region board meeting.
• Scholarships are awarded during a worship service in the recipient’s home church.
• Applicant must be a member of an American Baptist church in the Central Region.
• There is no requirement of a particular school to be attended or a particular major to be sought.
• Applicant must have written support from their pastor or another church leader (not a relative).
• Official application forms must be used. No additional attachments will be read or considered.
If you have further questions, please contact the American Baptist Churches of the Central Region.
ABCCR Scholarship Task Force
5833 S.W. 29th St., Suite A Topeka, Kansas 66614-5500
Web page: www.abccr.org